Friday, May 11, 2012

Melodica

Last month, my dear friend Kendy Gable asked me to do the poster art for Melodica Music Festival, an international acoustic festival that celebrates emerging artists. The third NYC Melodica is happening this weekend at the Sidewalk Cafe and we would love to see you there!

Kendy asked me to create something that merged city and country for the poster, and despite all my brainstorming, the first idea to come out was everyone's favorite: a tree made up of NYC's iconic brownstones. 





It started with a sketch:



Although, let's be real, two of my other sketches were damn cute:






(Born of the same essential idea, obviously, but in two different and adorable incarnations.)



But to return to the poster at hand, I proceeded to sketch out my design meticulously, full scale on marker paper.





I then colored in each house individually using a combination of design markers, colored pencil and fine tip black markers.












See you at the festival!


Melody

1 comment: