Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Scrub-a-dub-dub, Facial Scrub in a Tub!

I love facial scrubs. I swear by them. They make my face feel so fresh and new! But I can't tell you how many times I've bought facial scrub only to find it's not scrubby enough, or it's too drying, or whatever. Everyone's skin is unique, and scrubs are so easy to make at home and customize to your needs! Not to mention, most scrubs you can buy at the store have all sorts of unpronounceable, god-knows-what in them.

There are infinite combinations, but the three basic elements are:


Exfoliant

Oil

Scent (optional)



This is what I used... all easily found at your local supermarket!

Flax-seed and Coconut Oil,  Almonds and Sugar,  Young Living Essential Oil Blend "Valor"





1. Grind up any whole exfoliants, like nuts, in a coffee grinder or spice mill until they reach desired grind size.

2. Place exfoliants in a small mixing bowl.

3. Add oils and scents. Play with your ratio until you reach a consistency you are happy with. I used approximately a 2 : 1 exfoliant to oil ratio, plus a dash of essential oils for fragrance!

4. Mix it up and give it a test drive!









With love,



1 comment: